I'd like to thank Mariano of X micro for providing us with the Apex 128 meg Flash drive for review.
Today we're taking a look at the new USB flash drive from X micro the Apex 128 meg flash Stick.
The Apex flash stick is a second generation USB Flask drive. This means that the Apex is compatible with the new USB 2.0 standard that is significantly faster that its predecessor USB 1.1. Write over is 4Mbyte/s and read over 5Mbyte/s.
The sleek looking Apex comes with a manual and drivers for Windows 98 on a CD, a neck strap to wear the Apex around your neck, and 2 extension cables.
The Extension cables are provided most probably because the Apex is a little "fatter" girth wise that a standard USB plug.
I personally like the long extension cable so i don't have to deal with whole pulling the flash drive out or inserting it from the back of the computer.
- Ultra Speed USB2.0 Flash Stick
- Hot Plug & Play support
- Read Speed: > 5MB/sec (40Mbit/sec)
- Write Speed: > 4MB/sec (32Mbit/sec)
USB 2.0 Device
- Smart and removable data storage for business and personal use.
- Full Compliance with the Universal Serial Bus Specification v2.0 and v1.1.
- Offers 128MB, 256MB, 512MB, and 1GB capacity.
- Data Write-Protect Switch.
- High performance write over 4Mbyte/s and read over 5Mbyte/s.
- No driver needed in Windows ME, 2000, XP or above.
- Bus Powered - no separate power supply or battery required.
- Shock resistant, noise-free and long data retention.
- Size/weight: approx. 77 x 28 x 9 mm / 20g